Friday 23 September 2011

Five and a Half Thousand Miles From Home (Part 1) (originally posted on 27/08/11)

A Discussion Surrounding Transition and Disassociation
I sit here, around 5500 miles away from the place I was born, the place I grew up, the place I moved to for two years, the place I currently study... and I feel just as much at home here as I do in any of those places. It isn't that I don't miss those places, those people... It is simply that the nature of life and transition will not permit me to be stationary at any point.

You see, life in itself is inherently in transit. If you believe in evolution, life is constantly moving at its very core, if you believe in a Spiritual realm then you also believe life is constantly moving. However we are all moving towards the inevitable end, a physical death. The transition from life to death is in an instant, less than a breath. It is to this point we are constantly moving and it is for this reason a static life, physically at least, seems to be an absurd one. The beauty of transit is the lack of permanent physical fixtures, when you are physically tied to something/someone, although it may provide some sort of companionship you discover it also prevents you from moving to the places you need to be. There is a problem with this, a physical disassociation with humanity requires a level of emotional disassociation.
This emotional disassociation is a topic for another post.
For now, I leave you with what I'm currently listening to. Otherwise known as pure awesomeness.
The_Rambler



No comments:

Post a Comment